Sunday, December 6, 2009

Strange Skin Things

At some point when I was back in Hudson, my skin starting itching furiously.  For a week now, I've been literally bruising my flesh as I attempt to scratch the itch out.  I have scabs all over my hands, arms, and legs.  You'll be happy to know that I just added "itch stuff" to my grocery list.

A few days ago I did some rearranging in my apartment; I got snow tires and needed to find some nooks and crannies to hide my other tires.  This also entailed light cleaning.  I have no idea what I came into contact with, but out of the blue the palms of my hands turned red and began burning and tingling with an insatiable itch.  I washed my hands and held them under cold water but nothing helped.  About five minutes later, I realized that my hands had also swollen significantly.  I couldn't even close my fingers into a fist!  Visions of calling 911 danced in my head.




Eventually the itch subsided and the swelling did, too.  My fingers are naturally chubby, but what you see above is some major extra puffiness!

What is going on with my body?

No comments:

Post a Comment