1. Post office to pick up packages (I have a tiny mailbox at my apartment building so I get a 'package slip' and bring it to the post office) from Grandma & Grandpa and April & Chris. Woohoo!
2. Gas station.
3. Honda Parts & Service Center. I was going to have my friend's husband install the mirror fixture but since I wasn't sure when he would be available and driving without a driver's side mirror was seeming all too dangerous, I went ahead and had the Honda people do it. The bill was actually less than originally estimated, so that was happy news.
4. TJ Maxx to get some Christmas cards and tissue paper.
5. The Vitamin Cottage. The Global Explorers holiday party is on Thursday and I'm going to make goat cheese/mushroom appetizers and possibly rum punch (from the global recipes cookbook I have)!
6. AAA to look for a map of Kyrgyzstan. This is the country in Central Asia where Raul will serve as a Peace Corps volunteer from 2010-2012. They didn't have any.
7. Foothills Mall. I've been in this mall more in the last couple weeks than I ever want to be in this mall again. I am so tired of retail! But I had to return an article of clothing.
Which brings me to the last 30 minutes. What did I spend the last 30 minutes doing? Being convinced that I needed to buy this:
(http://www.onsensecret.com/Pure_A_Peel_Facial_Peel)
Gosh darn it. I just feel so bad for the kiosk people who have to try to get the attention of rushed shoppers. Was I a rushed shopper? Yes. But this time my sympathy prevailed and when the dude said, "Let me ask you a question." I didn't keep walking. I let him talk.
And talk he did. This guy was the greatest salesperson I have ever encountered. But the whole time he was talking and saying these majestic and alluring things, I kept imagining him at his training sessions for this job. He was totally using all lingo that has been proven to soften the hardest of hearts. So he first did the salt rub thing, after of course, expressing dismay at how dry my hands were. Then he used his spiffy little calculator to show me what an enormous discount he would offer me, just ME! He asked me what I do and I told him, "I am unemployed" but he assured me that even people who live on the streets buy these products because they are so life-changing.
Okay, so where he really got me was the facial care product (as seen above). He told me that my skin tone would be uniform, lines and scars (even scars!) would disappear, etc. etc. I mean, how could I not want to buy it? By this time he'd spent nearly half an hour pitching the products to me, and I started to feel guilty about not buying something. This is also part of the sales technique, my mom guessed, and I'm sure she's right. But I ended up buying the damn face scrub. Afterall, the guy did give me a money-back guarantee!

Thanks for the AAA check! Your skin is looking great, dear.
ReplyDelete