Saturday, November 6, 2010

Delinquent

More than two months have passed since I last updated the blog.  Hi, Susan!  I think you are the only one who probably still checks in here.

And I didn't log on with lofty intentions of a long post ... instead, a brief overview.

I started my new position as Global Explorers Leading the Way Fellow at the beginning of August.

I decided to embrace autumn instead of cringe at its arrival.  (To my surprise, we've had a hot one ... today it was 75 degrees!)

I resumed my vegan diet, which I've maintained very sporadically since my senior year of college.  This decision was prompted by a viewing of the movie Forks Over Knives.  It was a pre-screening -- the movie comes out in March.  It's about the health benefits of a whole foods, plant-based diet.

I found a cat and about a week later the cat's owner found me.

Tomorrow I hope to bring home Tula, a very shy kitty at the Fort Collins Cat Rescue, where I volunteer.  I am not adopting her, but fostering her.  She is stressed out at the shelter and needs some love!  (Interestingly, thula, which is pronounced the same, means "quiet" in Zulu.)

I dressed up as Liz Lemon (30 Rock) for Halloween and it was marvelous.

I got a one-month new members pass to Old Town Yoga.  I am excited.  I've attended yoga classes taught by friends, but never really gone to studio classes.  Last Monday I practiced "yin yoga" and yesterday yoga and meditation.

I joined a church!  I'd been attending Plymouth Congregational United Church of Christ since March.  I became a member two weeks ago.

I just ran out of news, which means that I shall go to bed!  Happy Daylight Savings Time!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Laura! Thanks for the update! I've been wondering what you've been up to these days...

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey! i check you out. will you be in ohio for the holiday season? mae would like to say hi.

    ReplyDelete