Monday, March 8, 2010

Fort Collins Old Town Post Office = Worst in the World

I have taken to completing the online survey advertised at the bottom of my USPS receipts.  This morning I nearly urged everyone in the line to keep their receipts and do the same.  The lines are neverending and the clerks are few.  It's absurd!

Last question of the survey -- free response!

What should the USPS do to improve your satisfaction with the service you receive? 

Today's answer: 

Hire more clerks!  As with almost every other day I visit the post office, I waited in line for far too long.  I timed it.  I stood in line for 24 minutes.  There was only one clerk assisting people.  There were 14 customers waiting in line in front of me.  About 15 minutes into my wait, I realized that the line had grown much longer and I counted a total of 18 people total waiting in line.  While most of the clerks at this particular post office are pleasant and helpful, it is almost irrelevant when you have to stand in line for almost half an hour.  The waiting makes for a very unpleasant post office experience. 

No comments:

Post a Comment