Sunday, October 4, 2009

Meet Kingsley

He's the black cat who followed my neighbor home on Monday night and insisted on coming into the building and adopting the place as his own. I've taken him in while I attempt to locate his owners . . . though that search seems increasingly futile. I've knocked on doors in the neighborhood, I've placed a 'found' ad in the local paper, I've posted an ad to Craigslist, I've posted fliers, and I've filed a report with the Humane Society of Larimer County. The cat looks well-cared for, though he is on the skinny side. He's incredibly friendly and a real purr machine.

Kingsley got his name when I sent a picture to Raul and he remarked that the cat resembles Sir Ben Kingsley. On the morning after he arrived, I took Kingsley to a vet and had him scanned for a microchip, but he is without one. I did learn that he's a neutered male and approximately one and a half years old. At this point, I've tentatively concluded that the cat's owners decided they no longer wanted to look after him and dropped him off some distance from their home. His desire to sleep with me every night and return to this apartment several times each day (he likes to go outside) just doesn't make sense if he actually has a home in the area.

Without further ado, I present to you my latest feline friend.








No comments:

Post a Comment