Sunday, September 13, 2009

Sunsets Etcetera

Yesterday was my first rainy day in Fort Collins. I spent a good portion of it at a coffee shop a couple blocks from my apartment, working on a book for 7th graders about ancient West African empires. It's an assignment from Kent Publishing that I had hoped to start and finish several months ago. Oops.

In the evening, Raul and I went to see In the Loop at the local artsy cinema that shows foreign and independent films, which also happens to be a couple blocks from my apartment. Did I mention how much I love living where I do? The movie was pretty great, and I highly recommend it (if you can tolerate lots of swearing). I laughed a lot. Also, the actress from My Girl is in it. Remember her? Where has she been all these years?

One of my favorite moments during the day, if I happen to be home, is at and just after sunset. My kitchen window faces the West and, despite the somewhat obtrusive telephone wire, I get lovely views of the sky.


1 comment: