I started
Girl in Transit to document my job-hunting saga. But shortly after starting the blog, I secured the internship with Global Explorers and promptly fell off the face of Blogger earth. I've been posting pictures to my Facebook page, but I know that there are many who do not partake in the bizarro world of Facebook, and to these people I owe updates and photos!
I arrived in Fort Collins on Saturday, August 1, after a 3-day drive from Ohio with my good friend April. Since then I have been delighting in the abundance of bicycles, dogs, cafes, restaurants, and weekend festivals that Fort Collins has to offer. This past week I started my work at Global Explorers, and I am officially smitten with the organization and its staff. So much passion and dedication... I also moved into my apartment this past week. It's charming and quaint and the perfect size for me.
Things to Do:
- Visit Rocky Mountain National Park (about 2 hours from here)
- Buy a bicycle
I think that's enough for now. Small goals.
In reverse chronological order...

The Pooch Plunge at Fort Collins City Pool



My new bedroom

Kitchen

Living room

Entrance into Apartment 17

At the top of the huge fir tree (in the yard of a friend of a friend)



Bicycles at last weekend's New West Fest

My apartment building is on the left; New West Fest commandeered Mathews Street and set up a carnival. The PlayStation was directly across from my building!

Hiking in Lory State Park, about 15 minutes' drive from Fort Collins



Hiking in Poudre River Canyon, about 20 minutes' drive from Fort Collins

Dog obedience class, across the street from my apartment building, in Library Park

Another beautiful blue sky in the Fort!
No comments:
Post a Comment